Monday, October 26, 2020

Idola - Daily Schedule



 I've seen a lot of people talking about the Daily Flow for Idola so I figured I'd add my two cents:


First, the server for the US version resets every day at 12 noon Eastern Standard Time. What happens are server reset:

  1. Arena chances are refilled
  2. Daily Achievements are reset
  3. Login gifts are reset
  4. Top Up gift is reset (as are any daily top up bonuses)
  5. Symbol shop is restocked
  6. Support system is reset
    1. Your new support line up is available
    2. Your receive any support bonuses
  7. Bonus stamina is refilled
  8. Usually, but not always, timed events change
    1. Banners begin/end
    2. Limited time quests begin/end
      1. And the special achievements that might go with them

Interestingly enough, there appears to be another daily reset that happens between midnight and 3am Eastern Time - first, this appears to be when the weekly event reset (Idola ranking and Arena ranking) begins, but this is also when the In-Game news gets pushed out.

So - for your daily activities, make sure they are done before Noon Eastern each day if you want to get full value.

So everyday, this is what I'm (and you) should be doing:

1. Clearing your daily achievements

1. Create an Idola

2. Challenge an Idola

3. Run a quest

4. Do a Gacha Pull

This should be your bare minimum, and it also makes sure that you will get all of your daily free rewards, be they general login bonuses or for a special login event that is running.

2. Burn your Idola challenges

3. Do your 6 Arena battles

4. Burn your stamina and your 2x bonus refills

These are your basic participation things. I put the Idola challenges first but that is somewhat deceiving, because these refill every 2 or so hours and require no effort. If you are really pressed on time, or just can't be bothered, you can auto through them nearly instantaneously. This is sort of your personal balance on activity. For me personally, I try to avoid the Quick Challenge auto battles, in favor of actually selecting the Idola, my party, and support, but then set that battle to auto. I find that this is a good balance of activity and points. Occasionally I will manually fight these out, but the difference between manual and auto is pretty negligible.

The more important ones here are the Arena battles and general Stamina. Stamina recharges slowly in this game and is expensive to refill - Stamina pots are few and far between. You need stamina for 1) clearing content, 2) grinding collection event rewards, 3) leveling your characters, and 4) leveling your affinity. You can offload the leveling a bit through the books, but that will start to burn you Meesta pretty quickly. Ideally, you want your stamina to always be refilling - anytime its at max, you aren't earning, so try to keep spending it. It comes back so slowly this isn't hard. Twice per day you can hit the "Bonus" button on the home screen for 50-75 or so additional stamina. I'd really try to burn your full amount, plus both bonuses, everyday.

For the PvP Arena you get 6 challenges per day. You can bet any number of these in an Arena battle, but their is no bonus for betting more than one at a time, so shrewd players don't. I've only done it when it was 11:59 and I wanted to try to get my matches done. It actually is very important you earn as much Arena coins as possible unless you are a complete whale as Arena coins are essentially a "free" gacha chance for enabling your daily achievement without spending currency.

5. Clear the Symbol Shop

I confess, this is a new one for me, as I didn't realize how good of a deal these all are. It is absolutely recommended you buy all you can afford, with the exception of the Idola cores. So far, as a daily player from launch, I've got about 4,000 sitting around and there doesn't seem to be much to do with them other than using 10 every 2 hours. Of course, you will also likely find yourself with plenty of unspent Meesta so maybe its not such a big deal to spend the 50k each day on the cores. Your call.

6. Check Event banners for expiring events and unearned rewards

1. Check the banner to see if you've cleared the event

2. Check each mission to see if there are additional rewards

3. Check the item exchange to see if you have unspent event currency

4. Check the Achievements tab to see if there are any expiring achievements

So far the time limited events have been really enjoyable but also very random in their timing. The first part of the summer quest just disappeared without warning, leaving many players with unearned rewards. Some events only hang around for 4 days. Events offer essentially free rewards and should be cleared as much as possible. These are the things I like to check and prioritize once I've done my daily habits.

8. Check Gacha Banners for expiring Banners

Depending on what type of person you are, you might, or might not, want to skim the Gacha Banners each day. For me, personally, I find it easy to look but not touch, so I like to roll through them, see what there is, and consider my options. If you find that looking means burning a pile of gems or your credit card, maybe just keep track of the social media and plan your pulls that way.

9. Plan upgrades

If I've done everything and still want to interact with the game, I like to spend some time looking for my next improvement. I like to go to the Setup/Enhance screens and look through my characters, symbols, and weapons owned pages and see if anything catches my eye, and then see what kind of upgrades I can afford, and make plans based around that.

10. See if GachaJay posted a Youtube video, check the reddit and the discords.

No comments:

Post a Comment