Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Guild Wars Week of May 4, 2020 - Yellow Day

Day 1: Yellow Day

My yellow defense team is probably something I'll have to look at: Drowned Sailor, Holy Avenger, Borealis, Daughter of Ice, with my level 53 Frostmage. The Drowned Sailor is an empowered converter away from Yellow, Daughter of Ice is an empowered red to blue converter with icestorm, and then Borealis attempts to take advantage of triple skull damage vs. Frozen enemies. Holy Avenger removes Yellow and does chip damage through brown mana in a pinch, but the real threat (and scorer) is Borealis. The idea here is that Daughter of Ice and Drowned Sailor both can cast on start, giving a 25% chance to freeze each, plus Frostmage freezes one enemy on start, then you try to hit skulls for a quick finish. The final piece is always Frostmages' inherent PVP strength by preventing looping, especially against Divine Ishballa teams.

My attack team is basically my PVP team, with the small loss of the Moon Rabbit for Voice of Orpheus. Honestly this team is great and has no real weakness except an aggressive freeze team. The full list is Ishballa, Qilin, Rope Dart, and Orpheus, again with the level 53 Frostmage to help keep my opponent in check.

Fight 1 - a dead team with a score of 1,454... earned me 3,273 Guild War points.

Fight 2 - an assassin team rated at 10,628 points! Obsidian Golem, High Paladin, Archdruid, and Hyndla Frostcrown. Looks like they were basically going for Skull defense with the first two. Sometimes things just go your way and that was this fight for me. Ishballa filled mana immediately and I had board alignment, which allowed me to use rope dart to armor break the Paladin and win out quick. 1,385 points.

Fight 3 - a thief team rated at 9,642 points. Skeleton key, Queen Titania, Megavore, and Queen of Sin. I wonder if this is normally their red day team that they forgot to move. This was another solid board, plus Thief doesn't really block looping teams, and I closed out basically on turn 2. 1,524 points.

Fight 4 - Priest rated 8,918. A +9 Mang, Lapina Explorer, King Silenius, and Saguaro. The Priest is at level 100 and all the troops are levelled/traited. This one started exceptionally poorly for me and I was worried I was going to have to report a loss, but I was able to charge Rope Dart to pull the lapina to first spot and then follow up with Orpheus to knock her out, which then gave me some room to get Ishballa and Qilin firing to take out the rest. 1,594 points.

Fight 5 - a second thief team, this one rated 11,329. Great Maw, Black Manacles, Apothecary, Queen Mab. I think I've actually used this team somewhere and found it strong. Maw's devour plus the level 100 thief trait can also make any battle go sideways if RNG smiles. This was a bit of a tougher but fortunately I didn't lose any troops. Scored 1,757 points.




No comments:

Post a Comment