Thursday, May 7, 2020

Guild Wars Week of May 4, 2020: Brown Day

Day 3: Brown Day

Yesterday's Defense - 0 for 0, wasn't attacked.

My brown defense team is pretty strong. I use a +9 Flammifer, Yao Guai, Queen Titania, and Tai-Pan with my level 77 Sunspear. This team should be able to win pretty easily, and with my yellow defense, is likely my best team.

My brown attack team is a +9 Earth's Fury (possibly my favorite weapon), Glaycion, Daughter of Ice, and Satyr Muscian. I actually love this team even if it isn't meta strong. Earth's Fury is one of my personal favorite weapons, and the Daughter of Ice/Glaycion combo is so solid. Satyr Muscian is great as well - damaging two and stealing magic. Just a fun team. The class is my Frostmage, as is often the case.

Fight 1 - a Warlord team rated 3,000 or so - Vine Marten, Dark Maiden, Teraxis, and Luther. 3,253 points for clearing an idle player.

Fight 2 - A Bard team rated 6,579, consisting of Serpetine Dagger, Elwyn, Baba Yaga and Spirit Dancer. This team nearly ruined my day - they fired so many moves I thought I was going to lose. My hero did fall, and I was worried about the rest of my team. The only thing that saved me was that I had enough stats to survive and their team didn't have enough stats to persist. I squeaked 1,284 points out of this fight.

Fight 3 - Warlord rated 8,770 - +9 Summer's Fury, Sunbird, Goblin, and Ice Worm. On paper a bizarre mix of characters, and Sunbird doesn't scale great at this level. Easy fight for 1,483 points.

Fight 4 - Mechanist rated 4,924 with Thunderbolt (at +2), Sparkgrinder, Brawlmaster Bur'Nakh and Ancient Horror. I wasn't really worried but to top it all off, everything went my way. 1,631 points

Fight 5 - Warlord, rated 6,804. A +10 Warlord's Battlecry, Zephyros, Rowanne, Green Seer. Given that this guild is somewhat high on the brackets, and that there is a +10 weapon on this one, I think this might be a player that was once active and since has fallen away. I think this team used to be somewhat popular. Maybe in the hands of a human it would have worked, but the Rowanne fired harmlessly after plenty of armor had been stripped. 1,719 points earned

No comments:

Post a Comment